Jerry Nicholson has been handling criminal defense cases in Los Angeles, Orange County and across California for well over three decades. The team of defenders that makes up the Law Offices of Jerry Nicholson is dedicated to an expedient and thorough trial or negotiation process for every client. We are trained to use every tool and state-wide resource available to ensure the best possible outcome in each case.
We are offering this annual scholarship to the rising generation of lawyers that is equally or increasingly as aggressive and passionate about defending a community that would otherwise be left to the mercy of a legal system that will not likely work in their favor. This scholarship is for those individuals that are motivated and enthusiastic to work for something greater than themselves.
No Fee To Apply!
All applicants that meet the following criteria are welcome to apply to this 2017 scholarship offer:
- U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- Must be currently enrolled as a part-time or full-time undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must intend to pursue a law degree.
- Cannot have earned more than $35,000 in 2015.
- Have an active e-mail address.
Essay Topics & Submission Types
The road to and through law school can have a lot of curves and bumps and maybe even detours. It’s not for the faint of heart. Tell us about the fire for the law that burns in you that will keep you galvanized along your journey. Who or what influenced you to study law? Are you already confident in an area of practice or a state of practice, for that matter? Do you see yourself in an international courtroom? Is there any injustice you’re passionate about combatting through the power that your law degree will give you? In short, why do you want to go to law school?
- Essay – PDF or Word document (.pdf, .doc, .docx)
- Write a 500-word essay addressing the topic described above.
- Essays must be typed, double-spaced, and 12-point font.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, use the following instructions to apply for this scholarship opportunity:
- Complete your essay submission.
- Review the submission guidelines.
- Send your essay by e-mail.
- In the email include your name, age, mailing address, and phone number.
- No plagiarized essays will be judged.
- Check your e-mail account after the participation deadline.
- Submit your application the following e-mail address: [email protected]
- Make sure this address is added to your safe recipient list, so you always receive notifications.
- If you are selected as a winner, we will reach out to you via email.
- The 2017 Jerry Nicholson Law Scholarship winner will be chosen and notified one week (1) after the participation deadline. The scholarship winner will receive an e-mail that will include specific directions to claim the award.
Winner Selection & Recognition
The scholarship winner will be presented on our website for the entire year. To be featured on the law firm’s website, you must submit a biography (500 words) and a high-quality photo. You will be able to share this great accomplishment with your friends, family, and future employers. Our website receives visitors from all over California and across the U.S. and will help students pursuing a career in law. Take this opportunity to demonstrate your hard work and success on a respected website.
Essays must be submitted till February 15, 2017.
How To Apply
If you would like any additional information or have questions about the scholarship, send all inquiries via email and use the subject line “Jerry Nicholson Law Scholarship Inquiry” to [email protected]
We are happy to assist you and will respond to all e-mailed inquiries promptly. We look forward to your submission!
Only e-mailed inquiries will be accepted.
Commonly Asked Questions
1. Will I have a better chance of winning if I plan to become a criminal defense attorney?
No. This scholarship is to encourage students that aspire to practice any area of law.
2. Will I have a better chance of winning if I plan to practice law in the state of California?
No. There is no geographical preference for this scholarship. All U.S. students are welcome to apply.
3. If I win, how will I receive the scholarship?
Certified U.S. mail.
4. Can I submit more than one entry?
No. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
5. What if I want to revise and re-submit my entry?
If you sent your application already but made a mistake, you have the opportunity to revise and resubmit your essay till February 15, 2017. If you need to submit a revised draft because you accidently sent the wrong file, you can resend it before the deadline. Maximum: 1 resubmission.